Home victories in the EBEL on Sunday

Montag, 27.November 2017 - 5:35
Logo Erste Liga EBEL

Game day 23 in Erste Bank Eishockey Liga saw only home wins with five of six games being decided by just one goal. The 44 goals scored were the third most this season. Mike Ouzas returned to Dom Sportova with a thought to be better than the last time when Linz played here. However that wasn't the case. Linz started with one thought in mind - to win, they pressured hard and tested Poulin well. First goal of the night came in at the 9th minute mark from 3 on 2 breakaway. Hofer and Piche set up Schofield for Linz's first and only lead in the game. The goal seemed to turn the light on Medvescak bench and wake them up because they started to play better. Few tested shots on Ouzas and it when everyone thought the period will end, Netik went on a breakaway and scored a bombastic wrister just below the bar for 1-1 (19th minute). In second period it looked like Linz decided to stay in and another team skated on the ice. Tikkanen pulled a wrister from the left, Ouzas rebounded but only to Morley's stick for a 2-1 lead for home team. It looked like the Bears were a little afraid of Ouzas (87% SVS) and that they didn't shoot as much as they could. Third period started with a goal for Medvescak. In a less full hall than used to, Morley scored his second of the night to prove why he's the League's topscored and Bears went to 3 goals. Koudelka - Koskiranta and Netik are trio and a powerhouse on the ice making a threat to Linz's defense every time they skated. Third period was full of goals and we saw a fight as well. Lebler tested Poyhonen and drew him into roughing which galvanized both teams. Only real winner was the crowd that went on fire chanting till the end. With 52 minutes on the clock Netik (Koskiranta, Kudelka) scored the fourth and final goal for the Bears putting them to 4-1. Netik's goal proved to be a game winner and it was a hard last minutes to play. Linz woke up, started pressuring and put over 20 shots towards Poulin. The pressure paid off soon. Tikkanen was out for holding when Lebler scored his first over the pads on powerplay. Just a minute later Morley almost went from hero to zero when he was sitting out for slashing and Lebler went on a spree. DaSilva rushed into the offensive zone, Piche confused the defender and Lebler scored for final 4:3 home team. Znojmo wins goal fest against Innsbruck in shootout First period saw an all-out offence by both teams. Just 62 seconds into the game Mrazek set up Radim Matus in front of the net who tapped the puck into the net for the opening goal. Innsbruck came back one and a half minute later when ex-Znojmo defenseman Lubomir Stach netted his first goal of the season with a one-timer from high slot. Tomas Guman restored Znojmo´s lead in the 7th minute with a rebound after Raska hit a post earlier, but just one minute later, visitors stroke again and again through a Czech player. This time, Ondrej Sedivy equalized with a backhand deke from a breakaway. The offensive show continued. Petr Mrazek converted Biro´s pass into a 3-2 lead for the home side after a nice pass from the blue line by Biro. However, Hunter Bishop pulled his team back for a third time thansk to a wristshot from the slot that beat Schwaz on his stick side. Yet Znojmo went into the break as a happier team when Colton Yellow Horn netted a rebound on a powerplay to log a seventh goal of the opening period. Tomas Halasz replaced Schwarz in the home net for the second period as both teams focused on defense much more. Innsbruck equalized after 33 minutes when Andrew Clark found top corner from the left crease. Emotions run high later in the period and Znojmo capitalized on another powerplay in the last minute of the period when Yellow Horn set up Mrazek in front of the net and the young forward scored his second goal of the game. The visitors came out hard for the third period and generated a lot. However, the Tirolese failed to score for long. In a final push Hunter Bishop tied it at five to force overtime. Despite Innsbruck having some chances in the extra session the shootout had the decide. Nemec was the only player who kept nerves to take the bonus point for Znojmo. Madlener shutout against Bolzano It looked like bottom-club Bolzano was missing self-confidence with Klagenfurt dominating the game right from the beginning. After seven minutes Philipp Kreuzer opened the scoring with his first goal of the season. Despite showing a better performance in the second, the guest conceded another goal when Steven Strong fired the puck home after 37 minutes. Early in the third the puck was again in the HCB net but it was a "no goal" call after video review. While David Madlener earned a shutout, Manuel Ganahl rounded off the scoring for a 3:0 hoem win. Graz takes OT win after clear-cut lead Moser Medical Graz99ers could win the second of three season meetings with Dornbirn. It looked like a clear-cut win for the hosts when Setzinger, Natter and Woger (shorthander) put Graz 3:0 up in the middle frame after a goalless first. In the third McLean and Ograjensek even failed to score a fourth. With ten minutes to go the Bulldogs used a power play by Brodie Reid. Just a few moments later a Scott Timmins brace sent the game to overtime. 13 seconds before the end of extra session, Woger decided the game with his second of the day. Rotter brace gives Caps win over Salzburg It was a thrilling top game between leader Vienna and the Red Bulls. Despite the hosts having the first chances, Salzburg took the lead by Mario Huber. Late in the opening period Peter Schneider and Kelsey Tessier turned the game around to Vienna's favour. In the second a Jerry Pollastrone deflection extended their lead but the guest came back early in the third when Bobby Raymond and Ryan Duncan made it 3:3. Rafael Rotter retook Vienna's lead off a Vause pass but Thomas Raffl scored another equalizer after a solo attempt. With three minutes to go Rotter became the hero with a power play goal for a 5:4 home win. VSV ends losing streak against Fehervar Villach ended their four-game losing streak with a 4:3 home victory over Fehervar. In the third minute it did not look like they could bounce back when Antonin Manavian put the Hungarians ahead with a blue liner. Just a few moments later Jordan Hickmott tied the game and teh hosts even had a 2:1 lead after the first thanks to a Sam Labrecque goal. Fehervar became better in the middle frame and it was again Manavian who made it 2:2. Villach was not shocked and Sam Antonitsch restored their lead soon later. Andrew Sarauer even doubled the lead after an assist by the Petrik brothers. In the third the home team failed to make the game safe and Fehervar halved the dficit with a pp goal by Hari. Despite Fehervar tried hard to equalize the Carinthians killed the clock successfully.

Quelle: red/Erste Bank Eishockey Liga